Friday, February 11, 2011

Inspiration for sewing bike tubes

This bag sold after being listed for a few hours. I will try to post more laptop sleeves as soon as possible!

You may wonder where I got inspired to sew bike tubes together. Or where I even learned that it was possible! For a few months in the fall of 2009, I had an internship at an awesome shop called Fabric Horse here in Philadelphia. I worked under Carrie and Alex as their cutter, snap applier, and clean up girl. I learned a ton from Carrie and Alex, and Carrie eventually introduced me to the industrial walking foot machines. One of the awesome items she makes and sells are spats. They are super cool, and also have a strap made from bicycle tubes. This was the first time I had seen or heard of anyone using bike tubes. Carrie is inspiring and awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment